Monday, May 12, 2014

Coconut Oil..jumping on the band wagon

I'm sure y'all have heard about the miraculous coconut oil. After hearing all the rave reviews I decided I had to give it a try, and I quickly became addicted.  There are many, many things coconut oil can be used for. Here's my top three picks: 

1. Oil Pulling: When I wake up in the morning I swish the oil around in my mouth for 20 minutes. My teeth are noticeably whiter, and maybe it's in my head but my mouth really does feel cleaner! The first day was kind of weird, but it quickly became a welcomed part of my morning routine. 

2.  Coffee Flavoring: a healthy way to add a little flavor to coffee. Add a little soy milk and it tastes like the Samoa Girl Scout coffee creamer (aka my guilty pleasure)

3.  Shaving: I tried the coconut oil as shaving cream. My legs have NEVER been smoother. ever. 

1 comment:

  1. Didn't even think about using it for shaving....ok I'm buying some now!

    ReplyDelete