Sunday, February 16, 2014

I LOVE BIRTHDAYS


Last week I celebrated the big Twenty Two. First of all, I LOVE BIRTHDAYS! Whether it is mine or someone else's I'll embrace any reason to have a celebration. I think the most special part of birthday's is how they bring the big crowds together. The friends bring the crazy times, and the family brings the big dinners with all the reminiscing. Every birthdays is so special and memorable.

I've seen the quote start every day like it's your birthday and for some reason it always stuck with me. 
Aside from the big parties there is something I found very special about this birthday that could easily translate into everyday life. I did a little extra work at the beginning of the week so that on my birthday I would have a full day to take my time and do what I wanted.  For once, on a week day I woke up with out rushing [obviously did the jump on the bed it's my birthday dance], got some good yoga stretches in, cooked breakfast instead of the grab and go, and sipped on my morning coffee while I put my makeup on. This morning routine really set the tone for the rest of the day. I felt refreshed, relaxed and peppy for the whole day.

This week set the alarm for 30 minutes earlier[i know it sounds painful but just try]. Our days are so go-go-go, it's so nice to take a little bit of time for yourself to prepare for the day peacefully. Light a candle while you do your makeup. Sip on something warm. Take time to stretch, read, or listen do some music. Do a little something for yourself in the morning. You deserve it :) 

No comments:

Post a Comment