Sunday, February 2, 2014

Bucket List Worthy

My dad once told me that when you write things down you are exponentially more likely to make them happen. I feel that seeing the goal or tasks in writing subconsiously holds me more accountable. I am an organization nerd so physically scratching things off of my list gives me a feeling of accomplishment.

There are the typical boring to do lists that get you through the day to day without forgetting an item at the grocery store or an appointment, and then there are the lists that challenge you to live with purpose and excitement. Lets discuss the bucket list.

I LOVE LOVE LOVE bucket lists. I haven't just limited myself to one; I make many bucket lists. There is a weekly, yearly, and lifetime bucket lists. I love to write fun ideas and adventures down so I will remember to do them. My lists give me things to look forward to every single day. These bucket list don't have to be extreme things every single week or month.

I usually write down two things I would like to do each week:
Weekly bucket lists might include:
Try a new recipe, go to the movies, try a new work out class, have a coffee date with a friend, try a new restaurant

Yearly might include:
Run a half marathon, take a road trip, make a 4.0, attend a "insert artist" concert

It's fun to day dream things that you would really like to do and plan to actually make them happen. Don't let these years fly by without even thinking about what it is you would really like to check off of a list. Through organized advanced planning you can make any thing on your bucket list possible. Share and compare your lists with friends and family and make dreams happen together! Life's more fun with others :)

HERE'S one of my BUCKET LIST :





No comments:

Post a Comment