Monday, February 16, 2015

Simple Shepherds Pie


I created a healthy twist on one of my favorite comfort foods, Shepherd's Pie. This is a quick and simple recipe, and it is great for when you need some warm comfort food! 


Ingredients:
1 bag frozen cauliflower
1 pack lean ground turkey
1/2 diced onion
1 tsp. minced garlic 
2 zucchinis 
olive oil 


Directions: 
Cauliflower Mashed Potatoes
Heat one frozen bag of cauliflower in the microwave (follow directions on bag) 
Mash the cauliflower in a food processor. (option: add milk for a smoother consistency) 

Ground Turkey
Pour some olive oil in a pan and cook the onions until they start to become translucent
add the minced garlic and then the ground turkey 
Drain grease when cooked 

Zucchini 
I made thick zucchini noodles to top off my pie mimicking a crust, but zucchini cylinders would work as well and save time!
I cook my zucchini on the stove with a dash of salt and pepper.

All that is left to do is put it all together! I put cauliflower mash first followed by ground turkey then zucchini. Add your favorite seasonings, and it's ready to go! 

No comments:

Post a Comment