Thursday, February 12, 2015

What's in your Coffee?


Coffee may be your morning ritual, your emergency wake up call, or your occasional treat. If you do start your day with a cup of Joe, make sure you are doing it right. Loading your coffee with sugar and creamer can cause a sugar high and a mid day crash.

I am all about starting the day off right. In my opinion the morning sets the tone for your attitude and healthy choices during the day. It is certainly never too late for a turnaround, but starting the morning off with a healthy step forward sets up the rest of the day nicely. If you would like to cut the morning sugar there are many, many ways to make tasty healthy coffee.

Here are a few of my favorite recipes:

Pumpkin Spice Coffee:
Coffee + Almond milk + 1 Pumpkin Spice tea bag

Spiced Coffee:
Coffee + Soy milk  + Cinnamon & Nutmeg

Coconut Coffee:
Coffee + Coconut milk + Coconut oil

Also, I recently invested in an electric milk frother. It is AMAZING! I can create my own Starbucks style healthy recipes in my own kitchen. It really is a treat I look forward to every morning (& guilt free)! 

I hope you enjoy these recipes as much as I do! 

No comments:

Post a Comment